Monday, September 25, 2017

German Herringbone in process

 To lace the herringbone you pass the thread over and under the 4 legs of the cross stitches.  The thread on the needle becomes the 5th spoke so that as you encircle the cross stitch the second time around will go over the leg that previously had been threaded under.  For the herringbone row I used a variegated that was dark greys and browns DMC Size 5 Perle Cotton #4000.
 For the lacing I used a variegated #4068 that was a combo of olive greens and browns.  To lace I decided to use the eye end of the needle.  The advantage of this is that you do not have to deal with a point that can pierce a thread or catch the fabric.
The tree trunk is completed now to add the branches.  I think I am going to try to couch a piece of DMC 4000 with a green variegated.  Maybe I will use and Italian knotted stitch.  I will have to check my stitching books for ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I love your new blog. Very cool to have one dedicated to stitching.💕

    ReplyDelete