Saturday, October 7, 2017

Stitching Baby Lady Bugs with Perle Rayon


Today I started to add some baby lady bugs to the next section of the bloom ring of Round the Garden.  I went to my stitching blog to remind myself of the number of wraps I had used only to discover that I not made any references to the baby ladies.  I used YLI Perle Crown Rayon.   I do not know what the weight of this thread is.  It is thinner than DMC 5 Perle Cotton.  I am guessing that it is comparable to a 8-12 weight.  It looks very similar to my 12 wt Sew Sassy.


Antennae are colonial knots.  (I want to practice Pekinese knots so I will try them out on the blossom ring.)  I then made a 3 wrap scant quarter inch and a 4 wrap scant quarter inch stitch to create the head.


Then I created a 6 wrap quarter inch body then I made 4 wrap and a 6 wrap quarter inch stitches in red for the wing.  At least that is what I think I did,

Bottom line 1/8 inch = 3 or 4 wraps. 1/4 inch = 6 to 8 wraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment